27 Aug Sesame salmon miso soup
Did you know: The first soup was made of hippopotamus? Archaeological evidence dates the consumption of soup back to 6000BC. These early soups were made of hippopotamus!
2L of water
2 tsp of stock powder (reduced salt)
½ cup of miso paste
300g noodles, cooked
3 spring onions, chopped
200g bok choy, chopped
2 cups mixed vegetables, chopped
400g salmon fillet, skin removed
2 tbsp of sesame seeds
1. Combine the water and stock over a high heat and bring to the boil.
2. Stir in the miso paste then reduce the heat.
3. Add the pre-cooked noodles and veggies.
4. In a separate pan, cook the salmon for 3 minutes each side.
5. Either flake the salmon or add it as is to the soup. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.