10 Jan Plant-Based Breakfast Banana Bread
Posted at 00:35h in Recipes
This plant-based take on an all-time favourite will have you ready to be fueled on the go each morning or enjoyed as a healthy snack. Bananas are high in potassium, which some studies have shown can assist in helping to regulate blood pressure.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large ripened banana, mashed
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- In your mixing bowl of choice, combine the applesauce, sugar, milk, and flax mixture and stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix the ingredients from both bowls until blended. Stir in the walnuts, then transfer the mixture to a loaf pan, spreading evenly and smoothing the top.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to cool in the pan and then on a wire rack.