15 May Slow cooked beef bourguignon
Posted at 01:38h in Recipes
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 400g beef fillet steak, cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 2 cups of button mushrooms, chopped
- 3-4 coliban potatoes
- ¼ cup of red wine
- dried thyme
- fresh basil, chopped
- mustard powder
- ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of water (tap)
- 2 tsp of cornflour
- In a large skillet placed on the stove, set to medium-high heat then add oil. Once the oil is hot, sear the beef turning each piece as it browns.
- Transfer beef into the slow cooker. Add the carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, potato, wine, thyme, basil, a pinch of mustard powder and pepper.
- Cover then cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the vegetables and beef are very tender and the sauce is rich.
- Thirty minutes before serving, combine the water and flour in a small bowl. Stir until smooth. Turn the heat to High. Gradually add the flour and water to the slow cooker. Stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve and enjoy!